Please check here for info about upcoming events, fundraisers, schedules and other Band Booster news...R&K FUNDRAISER - We must have all sub and sandwich orders by Monday, January 21! Due to the school cancellation on Friday, here are other ways you can submit your orders:
If for some reason there is no Drumline practice Monday night and/or no school on Tuesday, we may have to push the delivery date back. Right now it is scheduled for Wednesday, January 30. Contact Kim Elicker with other questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.FALCONLAND SPONSORS - LD Band will be hosting 2 indoor band competitions this year, Falconland on February 23 and the TIA Region 6 Championships on April 27. Students can earn funds to help cover their band fees by finding sponsors for these events! The Show Sponsor Letter and Form are below. This year, in order to help with Florida Trip costs, we are adding a special Program Sponsor opportunity for both local businesses and family members. Sponsor forms and payments are due by February 14. Contact Susan Seacord with questions at email@example.com.FALCONLAND - Our first indoor competition is scheduled for Saturday, February 23. We will need lots of VOLUNTEERS and DONATIONS! Here's how you can help...
- Drop them off at the High School Band Room between 5:45 and 6:15 PM on Monday, January 21 - during the start of Drumline Practice. We will be waiting to collect them. Do NOT put any orders in the cabinet after 6:15 PM Monday!
- Drop them off at either Susan Seacord's house (19 Waverly Drive, Hummelstown) or Kim Elicker's house (3390 Glenmede Lane, Elizabethtown) by 9:30 PM Monday evening.
- Email pictures or photocopies of both your forms AND your checks to Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org AND Kim at email@example.com. Then bring your forms and checks to school on Tuesday morning.
INDOOR DRUMLINE 2019 - The Drumline will travel to Wildwood, NJ, from May 2-5 for the TIA Atlantic Coast Championships. The first Wildwood Trip student payment of $100 is due February 12. See the "LD Indoor Drumline" page for more info...DRIVERS & CHAPERONES NEEDED - Parents are needed to serve as chaperones and drive a truck pulling the equipment trailer to Drumline competitions. If you have a truck that could pull the trailer, or if you have experience hauling and could use the LDHS truck, please contact Griffin Yohn at firstname.lastname@example.org. The first competition is February 16 at Central Dauphin HS. Drivers will get free admission to the Drumline competitions and will be reimbursed for fuel.FLORIDA TRIP - Registration for the trip has closed. The 4th payment is due February 10! All adults attending must have school clearances. Please use the payment coupons below and make checks out to "LDBB." Contact Treasurer Susan Seacord at email@example.com with questions about payments or to check your band account balance.For more details, see the "Orlando" tab on Mr. Richardson's Band page of the LDHS website: "Orlando" Florida Trip Info.BOOSTER CO-BAND MANAGER NEEDED - The Boosters need someone to shadow the current Band Managers and prepare to take over this position at the end of the school year. We have one parent willing to serve but need someone to help her! Band Managers are important since their main responsibility is feed our kids during band camp and before football games and indoor drumline performances. They also help organize food for large fundraising events like ACC's and Falconland. You do NOT have to cook all the food yourself! What you need to do is prepare menus, make lists and do the shopping (with a booster-provided debit card), track donations, and organize volunteers to prepare and serve the food. We have a large notebook full of lists, instructions and tips to help you and will provide the support you need. Normally terms are 2 years, but this would be a 1 year term with the option for re-election. You would start in May and would also serve as part of the Booster Executive Committee. Please consider giving your valuable time and skills to help our students! Contact the Co-Band Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.CHAPERONE CLEARANCES - Parents interested in chaperoning football games or band trips, or helping with band events that would put them in contact with students, must submit clearances to the LD School District and wear a district-provided Volunteer Badge. Visit the District website for details.PAYMENTS - Please make payments to the Band Boosters in the form of CHECKS or MONEY ORDERS so that they are traceable and more secure. The Boosters cannot accept cash payments. Payments should be placed in an envelope marked with the student’s name and what it is for. Make checks payable to LDBB and include the order form if necessary. Place the envelopes in the locked filing cabinet in the HS Band Room. Contact Treasurer Susan Seacord at email@example.com with questions or to check your Student Account Balance.BOOSTER MEETINGS - Booster meetings are usually held the second Tuesday of each month, though they may switch to Mondays or Wednesdays in winter to line up with Indoor Drumline practices. Our next Booster Meeting will be MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11, at 6:15 PM. Meetings are open to the public, and all band parents are encouraged to attend. Minutes from previous meetings are posted on this website.OPEN BOOSTER POSITIONS - The following positions will be up for re-election in spring 2019: 1st Vice President (Equipment), Band Manger, Treasurer, and Secretary. Please contact us if interested.
- FOOD DONATIONS - Click on our SignUpGenius link below to sign up for donations for food and drinks that will be sold during the show. We would like to have the donations by the 2nd week of February so that the Band Managers know what they need to buy. Contact Jolene or Carrie with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CANDYGRAM DONATIONS - Donations of full-sized candy bars, silk flowers and small stuffed animals can be brought to the HS Band Room any time before the show. Contact Carole or Debbie with questions at email@example.com.
- VOLUNTEERS - A link will come out soon to sign up for Falconland. We will need a LOT of volunteers in 3 different shifts. Both parents and students are needed to help with registration, admission, group flow, food sales, Candygram sales, etc. Contact Griffin Yohn with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT - You can email the Band Booster Secretary at email@example.com.
The Lower Dauphin Band Boosters' mission is to support our bands...our musicians...and the talented musical faculty that guides them through their musicianship and performance events.