Lower Dauphin School District’s Food Service Department is excited to provide parents a convenient, easy and secure online prepayment service to deposit money into your child’s school meal account at any time. This service also provides parents the ability to view your child’s account balance through a web site called MySchoolbucks.com. By placing money in each child’s account prior to entering the cafeteria, we find the breakfast and lunch lines move along much faster so your child has more time to eat and be with friends.
Also, parents will have the ability to print out a copy of their child’s meal purchase history report. This history report will show you all dates and times that your child has purchased a breakfast or lunch within the past thirty days.
To access these services:
- Simply go to the website www.myschoolbucks.com.
- From this site you will create your account and add money to your child’s school meal account. All you need is your child’s name, Student ID number and school ZIP code. The instructions listed below will guide you through the easy online account set up process.
Things to know:
- If you have more than one child in the District you can handle all online pre-payments from the same online account. Payments may be made through an existing PayPal account or with a major credit or debit card.
- Payments are generally processed by PayPal within 24 hours. However, if the payment option selected is an eCheck, processing may take anywhere from 4 to 7 business days. If you opt to pay via eCheck, please allow a minimum lead time of one week before the funds are made available in your child’s account.
- In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees.The convenience fee is $1.75 per deposit transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.75 fee once per deposit transaction. Lower Dauphin School District will not profit from the use of this site.
We are very excited to offer these services. However, if you choose not to take advantage of the online prepayment service you may continue to make advance payments via check, which should be made payable to the Lower Dauphin Cafeteria account. Please write your child’s full name and pin # on the check.
** For new students to the district please allow 1 week from the first day of school for the staff to enter ALL new students in the system. You may start using the on-line payment system the second week of school once our staff enters all the new students in the system. If you try to put money on account before week 2 of school it may not work.
Brad MettleFood Service DirectorLower Dauphin School District