ImmunizationsChildren in ALL grades (K-12) need the following vaccines:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis *(1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella **
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
*Usually given as DTP or DT or Td
**Usually given as MMR
7th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for entry:
- 1 dose meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis(Tdap) [if five years have elapsed since last tetanus immunization]
The only exemptions to the school laws for immunizations are:
- medical reasons;
- religious beliefs; or
- philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction.
If your child is exempt from immunizations, he or she may be removed from school during an outbreak.
Proof of immunization means a written record showing the dates (month, day, year) your child was immunized.
Keep a record of your child’s immunizations. Keep this record in a safe place. Your doctor’s office, medical clinic, or hospital may ask for this record. As your children become adults, they may need the record for college, for their job or if they travel out of the country.Source: PA Department of HealthPlease find more information at the following website: Immunizations for School Aged Children1