In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver weather notifications, we kindly request that parents/guardians create an account and update your profile using SchoolMessenger’s Contact Manager web site as described below. If you need additional assistance, please contact the Lower Dauphin School District’s technology helpdesk either via email at email@example.com or by calling (717) 566-5392.
Steps for setting up your account:
- Enter the following URL into your web browser: https://contactme.schoolmessenger.com
- Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the Sign Up page where you will need to enter a valid email address, a password, your name, and zip code. You will use your email address and the password you enter here to sign into the Contact Manager. Check Text me when I have a new phone message if you would like a text message sent to your SMS enabled phone when there is a new phone message waiting for you, and E-mail me when I have a new phone message if you would like to receive an e-mail message when a notification is sent. Please note that selecting either the e-mail or texting options here can duplicate messages that you receive through the autodialer system. We recommend that you do NOT select either option. When you have finished entering your information, click Create Account.
- Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from firstname.lastname@example.org which contains a link to activate your account. This link will take you to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
- Once you have activated your account and logged in to Contact Manager, you may add your student(s) to your account. Click the Contacts tab on the main page, and then the Add Contact button. Add your student’s student ID and Activation Code (if you do not have one, please call (717)566-5392 to request your student's information).
When you have finished adding your student to your account, you will be brought to the Edit Contact Details page where you can determine which phone numbers / e-mail addresses / SMS text messages will be used for each type of message that will be sent.
Phone numbers will appear on the left hand side of the screen. As stated in the attached letter, all but “Phone 12 (Optional Phone)” have been imported from the District’s student management system and cannot be changed without contacting your school office. Next to each phone number is a set of columns that contain check boxes for each notification type that the District may use, including Emergency, Non-school Hours Emergency, Weather Alerts, Attendance, General, and Survey. The District has no plans to use either the General or Survey categories at this time. Please check (or uncheck) the appropriate boxes next to each phone number to choose which contacts will be used when an emergency, non-school hours emergency, weather alert, or attendance notification is activated. For example, in the picture below Phone 10 would be used for emergencies and attendance, Phone 11 would be used for non-school hours emergencies, and Phone 12 would be used for emergencies and weather alerts.
Once you are finished making changes, make sure that you click Save at the bottom of the screen. Note that you may apply changes to all contacts that you have listed in your account by selecting the Save to All Contacts check box located just above the Save button.
If you have other children attending Lower Dauphin School District, you will be able to add them all to the same Contact Manager account by clicking Add a Contact on the Contacts tab in the Contact Manager application.
Thank you for signing up, and we hope you enjoy the SchoolMessenger Contact Manager! We hope that you find this service beneficial!