Flexible Spending AccountsThe Security Flex 125 Program offered by Lower Dauphin School District allows you to pay less in taxes and take home more of your hard earned income. The Security Flex 125 Program qualifies under Section 125 of the Internal Revenue Code. Section 125 allows employers to set up Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and/or medical expenses as part of their optional benefit plans. As an employee, you can set aside part of your income on a pre-tax basis for dependent care and/or medical expenses that you will incur over the course of the year.Since your money goes into the Security Flex Program on a pre-tax basis, you have less taken out of your paycheck for taxes.Advantages to you:
- You choose only those benefits that fit your individual needs.
- You spend only as much needed for the benefits chosen.
- You pay no FICA, Federal and, for medical expenses, no state or local income tax on any qualified benefits in the program.*
- You usually have more spendable income as a result of participating.
- Qualifying medical expenses are reimbursed up to your annual election amount upon receipt of proper documentation, regardless of your account balance.
*In Pennsylvania, Dependent Care expenses are NOT sheltered from state & local taxes.Click here to go to Security Benefit website, then click "Participant Log-in"Last Updated on 10/04/2016