Lower Dauphin School District Employment Opportunities
If you need an accommodation to access this information and/or to submit an application, please contact Human Resources at (717) 566-5300.
- No opening at this time
- Guest Teacher Program - The Capital Area Intermediate Unit (CAIU) will be hosting a Guest Teacher Training. Please visit the CAIU website for more details. At Lower Dauphin, we accept the Guest Teacher certification through CAIU or STS.
- Substitute Teachers - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute teachers. Please visit the STS website to apply today to become a substitute for Lower Dauphin. Already an STS employee? Contact STS Human Resources at (800) 357-7827 and ask for Lower Dauphin School District to be added to your district list.
- Substitute Nurses - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for Substitute Nurses (RN or School Nurse certification required.) PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34), Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114), and PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) are required. Please contact Jodi VanWinkle in Human Resources at (717) 566-5303 for more information.
- NEW! Elementary Secretary - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for a full-time (260 day) Elementary Secretary at Nye Elementary. This is a year round position with a starting salary range of $30,575-$36,850 (depending on experience) and includes family medical, dental, and vision insurance. A minimum of three (3) years of working in an office is required. Previous office experience in an educational setting is preferred. Act 34, Act 114, Act 126, Act 151, and Act 168 clearance information, training, and releases will be required if offered employment. Please send letter of interest/experience, resume, and three (3) letters of reference to Angela Hepner - Director of Human Resources (contact information below) to be considered for employment by Wednesday, October 25, 2017.
- NEW! (Anticipated) Autistic Support Paraeducator - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for a full-time Autistic Support Paraeducator at Londonderry Elementary. This is a paid position starting at $11.15 per hour and includes individual medical, dental, and vision insurance. The schedule is up to 180 days per year from 8:45 AM - 3:45 PM any day that school is in session. Act 34, Act 114, Act 126, Act 151, and Act 168 clearance information, training, and releases will be required if offered employment. Please send letter of interest/experience and resume to Angela Hepner - Director of Human Resources (contact information below) to be considered for employment. This position will remain open until filled.
- Substitute Paraeducator and Aides - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute paraeducator and aide positions. Please vist the STS website to apply today to become a substitute paraeducator or aide for Lower Dauphin.
- No openings at this time
Interested in helping serve our students and community? Lower Dauphin School District has contracted agreements for our bus and cafeteria services. They have great part-time and full-time positions available. Please contact them directly for more information!
- Rohrer Bus Service - At Rohrer, we are always in search of professional, caring, and motivated individuals to join our team. As a growing transportation company who is dedicated to serving the needs of our community, we have a constant need for quality employees in a variety of different careers and in several different locations. Whether you are looking for a few hours a week, a steady part-time job, or a full-time career, we likely have employment opportunities for you!
- Currently Hiring: bus drivers, van drivers, maintenance technicians, and administrative help.
- For an application, contact www.rohrerbus.com/drive or (866) 735-7200
- If you would like specific information regarding our Lower Dauphin openings, please contact Scott Downey.
- Chartwells Food Service - For current openings and/or an application, contact Brad Mettle at (717) 566-5353.
ALL positions will require background checks dated within one (1) year at the time of application. Background checks required include:
- PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34)
- Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114)
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
In addition, the PA Sexual Misconduct & Abuse Disclosure Release Form (Act 168) must be completed at the time of application for every employer you have worked for since the age of 16 in which you have had direct contact with children. Upon offer of employment, the mandatory Child Abuse Training (Act 126) must be completed prior to your first day of work. Upon offer of employment, fingerprints can be done at Lower Dauphin's District Administrative Center.
Lower Dauphin School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in any of our open positions, please review the application process as listed in the opening above. Should you have any questions, please contact our Director of Human Resources:Angela HepnerDirector of Human ResourcesLower Dauphin School District291 East Main StreetHummelstown, PA 17036
Pennsylvania school districts shall not discriminate in their educational programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry or any other legally protected classification. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. Information relative to special accommodation, grievance procedure in compliance with Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.