Lower Dauphin School District
If you need an accommodation to access this information and/or to submit an application, please contact Human Resources at (717) 566-5300.
- NEW! Anticipated Elementary Guidance Counselor - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting
applicants for an Elementary Guidance Counselor for Nye Elementary begin at the
start of the 2017-18 school year. Applicants with previous school counseling experience
will be considered first. A Guidance Counselor certification is required. Act 34, Act 114, Act
126, Act 151, and Act 168 clearance information, training, and releases will be
required if offered employment. All applicants must have
their application, resume, credentials, and references uploaded to http://www.PA-Educator.net/ to be considered for
employment by Tuesday, May 30, 2017.
- Guest Teacher Program - This
program allows individuals who have completed a minimum of two (2) years of college (associate's or bachelor's - not
necessarily in the field of education) to take an online training
program that would prepare them for teaching in the classroom as a
day-to-day substitute teacher. If your have a bachelor's degree, you can substitute an unlimited amount; if you have a minimum of two (2) years but less than a bachelor's degree, you are limited to substitute 20 days per school year. Interested in learning more? Click here. You can also go through the Capital Area Intermediate Unit's Guest Teacher Program July 26-27, 2017 in Enola, PA. Click here to register.
- Substitute Teachers - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute teachers. Please visit the STS website to apply today to become a substitute for Lower Dauphin. Already an STS employee? Contact STS Human Resources at (800) 357-7827 and ask for Lower Dauphin School District to
be added to your district list.
- Substitute Nurses - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for Substitute Nurses (RN or School Nurse certification required.) PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34), Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114), and PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) are required. Please contact Jodi VanWinkle in Human Resources at (717) 566-5303 for more information.
Interested in helping serve our students and community? Lower Dauphin School District has contracted agreements for our bus and cafeteria services. They have great part-time and full-time positions available. Please contact them directly for more information!
- Rohrer Bus Service - At Rohrer, we are always in search of professional, caring, and motivated individuals to join our team. As a growing transportation company who is dedicated to serving the needs of our community, we have a constant need for quality employees in a variety of different careers and in several different locations. Whether you are looking for a few hours a week, a steady part-time job, or a full-time career, we likely have employment opportunities for you!
- Currently Hiring: bus drivers, van drivers, maintenance technicians, and administrative help
- For an application, contact www.rohrerbus.com/drive or (866) 735-7200
- If you would like specific information regarding our Lower Dauphin openings, please contact Scott
- Chartwells Food Service - For current openings and/or an application, contact Brad at (717) 566-5353.
ALL positions will require background checks dated within one (1) year at the time of application.
- PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34)
- Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114)*
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
Upon offer of employment, the mandatory Child Abuse Training (Act 126) must be completed prior to your first day of work.
*Upon offer of employment, fingerprints can be done at Lower Dauphin's District Administrative Center.
Lower Dauphin School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in any of our open positions, please review the application process as listed in the opening above. Should you have any questions, please contact our Director of Human Resources:
Director of Human Resources
Lower Dauphin School District
291 East Main Street
Hummelstown, PA 17036
Pennsylvania school districts shall not discriminate in their educational programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry or any other legally protected classification. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. Information relative to special accommodation, grievance procedure in compliance with Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 may be obtained by contacting the Personnel Office at the address and phone number listed below.