Keyboarding Practice Sites
1. Brown Bear Typing - Grades 2-5
Exercises design to improve touch-typing skills. Try to concentrate on the screen to get used to 'feeling' for thee correct keys.
2. Dance Mat Typing - Grades 2-5
Dance Mat Typing is an introduction to touch typing for children ages 7-11 years. Each of the four program levels is divided into four stages and emphasizes the correct hand placement on the home-row keys.
3. Touch Typing Lessons - Grades 3-5
This site offers a free, interactive typing tutor that teaches two keys at a time. Once the keys are mastered at the words per minute goal, there is a review to use the two keys with all of the other keys learned in previous lessons.
4. ABCYA Cup Stacker - Grades 2-5
Another great typing site to practice correct fingering and hand placement. This site also has flash card practice and is complete with the sound of an old-fashioned type writer.
5. Students are also using a fantastic typing program called Keyboarding Without Tears by the makers of Handwriting Without Tears. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be able to access the program from home.