There are a number of resources available for you to get the help that you need. Don't "suffer in silence"! We are here to help you be as successful as possible.
1. Check out the resources on our web site! Most of the documents that have been developed have been posted to the HS One-to-One section of our web site. Documents will regularly be updated and posted. Documents include Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), the student one-to-one technology manual, a quick reference guide, repair request forms, and much, much more. Videos, including the initial training videos and "How To" videos are also posted for your review.
2. Your teachers may be able to help you with many common problems and questions, including how to access Canvas and Google Drive.
3. The Help Nest! The Help Nest is a student-staffed help desk located in the media center directly beside the main library circulation desk. This resource is available from 7:15am until 2:45pm while school is in session. Before school starts you are welcome to visit the Help Nest for assistance. During school please make sure that you have a pass from your teacher.
The Help Nest is supervised by an employee throughout the day and will
help when none of our wonderful student interns are available, or if an
intern is not able to answer a question.
- Mr. Deitz, our high school computer lab technician, can also be found in the media center computer lab when he is not directly in the Help Nest.
- Mrs. Kreitzer, our Technology Integration Coach, checks in with the Help Nest frequently.
- The school district's Department of Information and Technology employees check in with the Help Nest on a regular basis. In fact, before school starts a computer technician is on site and available to offer assistance.
Many teachers will give you a pass to visit the Help Nest. You are also encouraged to visit the Help Nest before school, during your study hall or lunch periods, or after school until 2:45.
If you have questions regarding our One-to-One program, please call the high school main office at 717-566-5330. Someone in the high school office will be happy to answer your question(s). If they cannot address your question they will transfer you either to our Help Nest (if an employee is available) or to our district-wide help desk which is staffed by district employees from 7:00am until 3:30pm. You may also send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.