Lower Dauphin School District Employment Opportunities
If you need an accommodation to access this information and/or to submit an application, please contact Human Resources at (717) 566-5300.
- No openings at this time
- NEW! LTS Speech & Language Pathologist - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for a Long-Term Substitute for Speech & Language Pathology to support multiple buildings throughout our district. Anticipated substitute dates are immediate through June 7, 2019. A Speech & Language certification is required. Interested applicants must send a letter of interest, resume, and three (3) professional letters of reference to Angela Hepner (contact information below.) Position will remain posted until filled.
- Guest Teacher Program - The Capital Area Intermediate Unit (CAIU) will be hosting a Guest Teacher Training. Please visit the CAIU website for more details. At Lower Dauphin, we accept the Guest Teacher certification through CAIU or STS.
- Substitute Teachers - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute teachers. Please visit the STS website to apply today to become a substitute for Lower Dauphin. Already an STS employee? Contact STS Human Resources at (800) 357-7827 and ask for Lower Dauphin School District to be added to your district list.
- Substitute Nurses - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for Substitute Nurses (RN or School Nurse certification required.) PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34), Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114), and PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) are required. Please contact Jodi VanWinkle in Human Resources for more information.
- NEW! Paraeducator – Personal Care Assistant - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for a full-time high school paraeducator working one-on-one with a student. Starting pay rate is $11.15/hour. Individual medical, dental, and vision benefits are also provided. Interested applicants must send a letter of interest, resume, and three (3) professional letters of reference to Angela Hepner (contact information below) on or before Friday, January 4, 2019 to be considered for the position. This position will remain open until filled.
- Computer Repair Technician - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for a full-time Computer Repair Technician. Available salary $34,925 - $41,900 will be paid based upon experience. Family, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. Act 34 Criminal Clearance form, Act 151 Child Abuse form, and FBI Federal Criminal History form will be required. Please send cover letter, resume, and three (3) letters of reference to Angela Hepner (contact information below) on or before Friday, December 21, 2018 to be considered for the position. Note: Interviews will take place in January 2019.
- Substitute Custodians - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for Substitute Custodians to be used in all buildings in the District. Hourly rate of $13.35. Act 34, Act 114, Act 126, Act 151, and Act 168 clearance information, training, and releases will be required if offered employment. Interested applicants must submit an application for employment. Position will remain opened until filled.
- Substitute Paraeducator and Aides - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute paraeducator and aide positions. Please vist the STS website to apply today to become a substitute paraeducator or aide for Lower Dauphin.
- NEW! Softball Junior Varsity Coach - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for our Softball Junior Varsity Coach to oversee the Softball program from grades 9-12. This opening is for the 2019 softball season. Act 34, Act 114, Act 126, and Act 151 will be required. In addition, all PIAA coaching requirements and trainings must be met prior to beginning employment. Interested applicants must send a cover letter and resume describing coaching experience, and three (3) letters of reference to Angela Hepner (contact information below.) Position will remain posted until filled. Note: Interviews will take place in January 2019.
Interested in helping serve our students and community? Lower Dauphin School District has contracted agreements for our bus and cafeteria services. They have great part-time and full-time positions available. Please contact them directly for more information!
- Rohrer Bus Service - At Rohrer, we are always in search of professional, caring, and motivated individuals to join our team. As a growing transportation company who is dedicated to serving the needs of our community, we have a constant need for quality employees in a variety of different careers and in several different locations. Whether you are looking for a few hours a week, a steady part-time job, or a full-time career, we likely have employment opportunities for you!
- Currently Hiring: bus drivers, van drivers, maintenance technicians, and administrative help.
- For an application, contact www.rohrerbus.com/drive or (866) 735-7200
- If you would like specific information regarding our Lower Dauphin openings, please contact Scott Downey.
- Chartwells Food Service - For current openings and/or an application, contact Brad Mettle at (717) 566-5353.
ALL positions will require background checks dated within one (1) year at the time of application. Background checks required include:
- PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34)
- Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114) - Upon offer of employment, fingerprints can be done at Lower Dauphin's District Administrative Center.
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
In addition, the PA Sexual Misconduct & Abuse Disclosure Release Form (Act 168) must be completed at the time of application for every employer you have worked for since the age of 16 in which you have had direct contact with children.
Upon offer of employment, the mandatory Child Abuse Training (Act 126) must be completed prior to your first day of work. The three (3) hour online course entitled, “Professional Ethics and the Educator Discipline Act,” consists of four (4) modules. The course is available on the Department of Education’s SAS Portal. There is no charge for the course. Participants who do not have a SAS account must first register for one by visiting http://pdesas.org/. To register for the course, participants must log into the SAS PD center http://pdc.pdesas.org/ and then click on “Course Catalog/Registration” under the menu button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. The course is listed under the “Non-Facilitated” tab. When registering for the course, participants will choose a track specific to their role (i.e. teacher or staff member.) All content must be viewed prior to taking the assessment and receiving a certificate.
Lower Dauphin School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in any of our open positions, please review the application process as listed in the opening above. Should you have any questions, please contact our Director of Human Resources:Angela HepnerDirector of Human ResourcesLower Dauphin School District291 East Main StreetHummelstown, PA 17036
Pennsylvania school districts shall not discriminate in their educational programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry or any other legally protected classification. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. Information relative to special accommodation, grievance procedure in compliance with Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.